Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Year's Resolution... draft 1

In the past, in preparation for the new and upcoming year, I spent my new year's eve pondering and really racking my brain over what I felt I messed up on/accomplished in the past year and set new "goals" for myself to try to live up to or accomplish in the upcoming year.

The last four years I spent with the boyfriend, I made it even a "tradition," where we'd do it over cutesy hot cocoa and finger snacks with Jack Johnson playing in the background. It was my way of creating the picture perfect end/start to a old year/new year.

This year... I'm content with just making a working draft of a new year's resolution. It's not because I don't have a boyfriend, or because I'm boggled down by not having accomplished all my resolutions of the year(s) past, or even because I don't have anything I want to accomplish this year. No, it's not any of these things or any of the other common reasons why people stop making resolutions. Definitely NONE of those negative reasons.

No... this year, I have decided to have but one "resolution" and that is to simply "LIVE FULLY." Yup. I'm going to be happy, healthy, and live every day without the regret of not having done what I truly wanted to do.

That means, I'm not going to support or go along with someone's suggestions at the expense of my own happiness and contentment. I'm not going to mistake sacrificing my happiness and thinking it's love. I'm going to be selfish and do what I want because I want to. I'm going to be a "princess" and be proud of it. It's not being full of myself, but realizing and embracing my WORTH. Yup, that's right. I'm going to do whatever I want because I want to and that will be the end of that.

Of course the interpretation of living fully will definitely change as the year progresses and I will probably be figuring out how I'll be living fully with every situation and interaction I encounter.

All this is not to say I'll be debuting myself as another full on LA biatch or anything. No, no, no. I mean afterall I do have some common sense and tact! I just want to finally stop accommodating to everyone else but myself, whether it be family, friends, men, coworkers, bosses, or acquaintances. I figure, I can only be a truly beneficial addition to society once I figure out how to be a wholly content individual first.

I'm really excited about my new new year's resolution! I can feel it's really going to be great!

Cheers to the perfect 10!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like it's going to ROCK!

    like it a lot!

    it's gonna be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it sooooo much, I might change mine....

    ReplyDelete