Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Annoying Baby Talk

Baby talk is for BABIES. If you're not a baby, you should not use baby talk (outside of maybe your relationship with your significant other or your kids) because it's really NOT cute. We didn't go to school to learn proper speech for nothing, so why won't you put it to good use? (As you can see, I'm annoyed.) I think it's annoying to me because when people publicly post comments using baby talk (ie. status updates) you're almost trying SO HARD to get attention that it's just plain annoying.


For example:


"I MISH MY DOGGIE." What da F! You mean you "miss your dog? miss your puppy?" what the heck is MISH? and what? your doggie?










This is not to say my friends who act cute are not cute--afterall I give the benefit of the doubt that my friends who act cute really truly know the boundaries between just plain immaturity and cuteness. Playful use of words deliberately to make a point is one thing. Baby talk nonsense for the sake of seeking attention is just plain annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment