I'm learning the importance of being genuine by observing how ingenuine the majority of people are these days. I see this more and more as I age yet another year and the drive for success starts to really sink in as a daily reality in a person's life. You cut a few corners here, tell a few white lies there, and soon you find yourself just living a totally fake life that you've justified as being necessary and acceptable. Most people my age have already lost the understanding of simply and genuinely enjoying someone's company and relishing in the concept of that beautiful thing called "friendship." Instead they come with an AGENDA, whether it's to hide their own insecurities of being alone, to get a social connection in order to get something they have their eyes set on, or blah, blah, blah. It's quite sad how tainted we've become-- and we're only in our late 20s! Heck, I know I'm totally guilty of some of these things I've mentioned!
I'm also realizing that I have feared I'd be taken advantage of and hurt later on if I was too open... and sadly, it's happened to me many a times before. You open yourself up and bare your soul to people you think you can trust and you thought were your friends. Only, the sad thing is that they came into the friendship with that blasted AGENDA! They wanted to gain something for themselves, even at the cost of hurting you if it came down to it. It's no wonder I got hurt. I've been foolishly befriending bottles and bottles of poison!
I'm learning that living a life so guarded is so incredibly tiring. I can't believe people live entire lifetimes like that! As for me, I'm over it. I've decided to stop being fearful of being openly genuine with people. And if I come across friends who live a life full of selfish agendas and I get hurt... I'm going to just look them straight in the eye, and tell them that they're pathetic, that I feel sorry for them, and then simply walk away, unphased by it all.
And with that resolve... I'm going to freely blog now. Eagerly anticipate my silly musings my dear friends!
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love it.
ReplyDeleteUNABASHED.