So in my line of work, it is MANDATORY to get a flu shot. They say it's for both my protection as well as the elderly population we serve. I think it's a bunch of bull but who up there really, really high in the command chain cares what little old Susan thinks, right? It's most likely the result of some big corporate hospitals' and government agencies' deal that was made with the pharmaceutical companies that make the flu shots. Heck, I work for a big biotech too, so I'm not against those deals, for afterall it's these deals and arrangements that give jobs to tens of thousands of people and corporate America alive and kickin.'
The problem I DO have with the flu shot is that whenever I get it, I always get sick. Yes I fully understand that the injected viruses are already dead and is purely intended to help your immune system produce antibodies for it, blah blah blah. I spent my fair share of long gruesome hours in bio, biochem, and microbio in college to understand this. But it can't be just "coincidence" that I get sick 3 days post flu shot injection EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' YEAR! 3 days is "coincidentally" and very conveniently the number of days required for incubation of viruses and subsequent symptoms to manifest.
Anyways, I've had MULTIPLE smart a$s people tell me that you can't get sick off a flu shot. No kidding moron, but contrary to what you were taught to believe, my body manifesting in flu-like symptoms 3 days post virus introduction annually don't tell a lie fool! As you can tell, I'm clearly frustrated because it really sucks having to be voluntarily sick all because of some stupid mandatory rule that we need to get flu shots. Isn't that kind of a breach of my rights? Kind of like this whole mandatory healthcare rule that's being currently assessed for whether it's constitutional or not?


No comments:
Post a Comment