Monday, January 9, 2012

Lifestyle Coach

My company started a new service this year where they provide a lifestyle coach for their employees.  This is what I presume to be an effort on their part to lower the group insurance rates that I'm guessing must cost a fortune.  Healthy individuals don't need as much healthcare and hence the individual cost each healthy individual incurs is less.  A lot of health issues arise from our lack of exercise and poor diet choices.  This in turns increases our frequency of doctor visits which in turn make us expensive individuals to insure and ultimately costs the employer quite a bit of money.  So they gave us lifestyle coaches-- someone who calls you every 3 months and plans your diet, exercise regimen, stress relief strategies, and makes sure you keep on track with it all.

One of the things my lifestyle coach suggested I do was to keep a fitness journal.  She says if I journal how I feel about the conscious choices I'm making to exercise and eat healthy, I will look back on it and be encouraged to keep with it and that will ultimately help me to reach my goal.  So I started a journal on my blogger.  I figure it won't hurt to try it and maybe it really will help me.  So here I go, opening myself another journal online, one about my journey to being a healthier and leaner Susan.