Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello 2012

I've been writing 2011 on all my dates this entire week!  I still can't grasp the fact that it's already 2012.  I've been asking myself all day 'What happened to 2011? What did I do this whole past year that makes me feel like it went by in a blur?'

Well after thinking it through a bit, I've come up with a few notable things that pretty much highlight my year:

1.  My apartment had a fire two units below me and completely covered my entire apartment with soot.  This was January 1.  I flew out to MN for my first set of trainings January 2nd. Bleh. I spent the next few months dealing with the mess and moving out to a new apartment.  In the end, it turned out to be an awesome move because my current apartment now, in it's 1bed/1.5ba, 800 sq. feet glory is fantastic!

2.  My baby sister got engaged to an amazing guy (a.k.a. shekki) on the day I was celebrating my 1-year anniversary with D. I ended up packing all my things and coming back to LA to play paparazzi during the proposal. It was an amazing proposal and a great weekend where we celebrated my sister and my future bro-in-law's exciting step towards a life together. It's going to be a fun year of wedding planning for the Yun family!

3.  D moved to the southeastern most end of Orange County to work his dream job, land left me behind in the San Fernando Valley to work mine.   I of course wholeheartedly encouraged it, but am definitely living with the repercussions of it.  However seeing how happy he is and how he thrives in his new position makes me nothing short of ecstatic.  There is nothing morewonderful than to be with a man who has a great job doing what he loves.  I realized what a big difference it makes in the health of a relationship when both people are actively pursuing and engaged in their dream careers.

4.  I made a few good friends, as well as reconnect with a couple old ones.  With such a limited amount of time in a day/week/month/year, and the majority of people in your life turning out to be truly just acquaintances, I feel this is really a big deal!   I'm happy and content that we can share our time, resources, and mostly our lives with each other-- it's what I have always wanted.  I'm content with just this many friends for the rest of my life--everyone else can be acquaintances. It turns out it's quite true what people say about only having a handful of good friends.

Now, I'm ready to move onto 2012!  My resolution this year is to better separate my work life from my personal life.  A warrior spirit for my work hours, and a gentle and happy spirit during my personal hours.  

Happy 2012!