Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Midweek Breather Day

Wow it's Wednesday hump-day already, and what a perfect day to have a light schedule!  I did my morning round of hospital checks before the patients were discharged and now I sit back at home with a fresh cup of coffee and my computer in front of me to post about the happenings of this past weekend.  It's a great Wednesday indeed!

This weekend was a very "relaxed" weekend in that Dave and I had no plans except to "relax."  Aside from the dinner and drinks we had with a few friends in celebration of their recent engagement on Friday, we had absolutely no social engagements we had to attend.  This meant that the weekend could be spent waking up without an alarm, doing our own leisurely activities and meeting up "after" without having a specified time attached to it, and just being plain lazy.  Although we're taught that laziness is never good, I have come to realize that sometimes laziness can be just the thing the doctor ordered for stress relief and mental sanity!

The one of biggest highlights of the weekend was that we attempted a 18-mile hike from Newbury Park near Thousand Oaks to Pt. Mugu State Beach.  Unfortunately (or as it turns our fortunately), we didn't have enough time to complete the 18 miles and ended up only doing 13 miles, but I was sure glad we decided to turn and head back at the 6.5 mile mark because boy did we get our butts kicked!  The funny thing was that the hike itself was more like a stroll along a flat road then an actual hike through rocky/hilly terrain, yet it kicked our butts more than rocky/hilly hike would have!  It totally worked our piriformis muscles (which is the rotater muscle that helps join your leg and hip) and both Dave and I could barely even walk at the conclusion of the hike and the day after!  Good thing is that it both left and right sides hurt, indicating we worked out both sides equally.  Here we are on the hike right before we turned to head back and us at the end of the hike when we finally saw the parking lot and jumped in pure joy at the fact that the torture was finally over!


Sunday turned out to be a gorgeously sunny 85 degree weather day which we took advantage of by spending it in the great outdoors of The Grove on 3rd St.  We first had lunch at a Korean-Chinese restaurant in K-town enjoying some Jja-jiang-myun (noodle with black bean sauce) and kkam-ppong-seh-woo (kung pao shrimp).  I joked about how in Korea they say that jja-jiang-myun is THE WORST food to eat when you're on a first date because it's so messy and you really can't impress each other while eating it.  So what did Dave and I do?  We pretended to be on a first date, ate the noodles in the most messy manner as we could, then took pictures of it, of course!




We didn't end up buying much at the mall, but I did manage to get some good shots of Dave using the bright sun as my light source and I'm pretty happy with it!  It did also help that my model was pretty dashing himself  =)



All in all a very satisfying weekend filled with little adventures, which are the best kind of adventures sometimes.  Counting down two more days till we can start on our next set of weekend adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment