Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ovo!

Last night Dave took me to see Ovo, a Cirque du Soleil playing at the Santa Monica Pier under a big top tent.

The storyline focused around a developing love between a male bug and a female lady bug.  In between the stories were different acts where bugs came to life and did incredible things demonstrating flexibility, agility, lot and lots of strength and just pure talent! It.Was.Amazing!  I was totally blown away.  Ovo was my third cirque show and it was by far my favorite, followed closely by Corteo.  The whole time Dave and I were on the edge of our seats anticipating the next crazy thing that we never knew were even humanly possible!  We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but I found some online and here are some pictures of acts I thought were AMAZING!

This black widow spider is a contortion artist who really did look like a spider!  The whole time I was wondering if she even had a spine!



This was an act by the "fleas."  Notice how the girl on top is balancing upside down and doing the splits on top of the middle girl's right leg that is stretched up past her head while balancing on the thighs of the girl on the bottom balancing on one hand!  Incredible!


This guys was amazing-- he could balance his entire body on one arm despite his entire body mass being concentrated in one side... it was almost as though he had learned how to transfer his center of gravity to his one arm, despite the location of his actual weight concentration!




This was the most amazing act of all-- this man not only walked and flipped backwards and forwards on the rope, but he also rode a UNICYCLE upside down while pedaling with his hands... it was incredible!  


Dave and I had a really great time enjoying the entire cast and their talents.  Also they had a fabulous live band and singers singing samba style music for the show!  Dave bought me the soundtrack, hehe.   I would definitely recommend it 100% for anyone who may want to go-- the tickets were affordable too!  We felt that given the show was in a tent, every seat was essentially a good seat!

Thank you David Shen for a wonderful night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment