Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013! You're Already Here?!?!?

I can't believe it's already 2013 and some 9 months since my last post.  It doesn't even seem like the holidays were here because I had to work pretty much the entire bit of it being on call in Phoenix and not having done any of my usual holiday rituals that help to trigger in my mind that little switch that says "It's Christmas time! It's a new year!" All I can think about now is that it has come... and gone. Luckily, I didn't have to spend the Christmas and New Year's time alone all thanks to my wonderful Dave and amazing friend Wendy to took the time to come out and visit me so I wouldn't be lonely.  They were pretty good sports about working around my hectic work schedule and grouchy bah humbug self.  In fact we even managed to get a day trip out to Sedona to enjoy the beautiful red rock country and a tiny bit of falling snow.

Dave, Wendy, and Susan in front of Courthouse Rock. Sedona, AZ. 12/2012


Time seems to pass quicker and quicker, yet simultaneously not fast enough. Much has happened since my last post (in March, yikes!), the biggest of which being that I moved from Los Angeles, CA to Phoenix, AZ.   In the broadest sense, life for me has been an all- consuming beast the last few months as I've struggled to juggle my new life in Phoenix while still trying to maintain the one I've spent my entire lifetime establishing in California.  The result  of the past few months is a very "burnt out yet satisfied with the currently ongoing success of my efforts" Susan.  As I enter into 2013, I am both excited and unsure/uneasy of what this new year will bring.  I have simply resolved to take it one day at a time, breathing quite a good amount in each moment, and always striving to see the brighter side of things. Oh and one more thing-- to keep taking good risks for a better future.  I am realizing yet again that life will continue on, whether I like it or not, and I might as well try to enjoy the ride and stash some fun memories and good experiences along the way.

Happy 2013 friends!  May the new year bring you a whole lot of adventures... some with me in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment