Thursday, January 17, 2013

The new year is off to a fast start--I can't believe it's already the 2nd half of January!  Work has been continually hectic and as busy ever since the Christmas.  Every day has been mentally, emotionally, and physically draining and I feel like I've been continually using the next day to catch up from the day before.  Initially my life in Phoenix consisted of splitting weekdays in Phoenix and weekends in LA.  Then it somehow transitioned to a split between Phoenix, LA, and Flagstaff.  Now it has somehow progressed to a split between Phoenix, LA, Flagstaff, Yuma, and outlying small towns 100+ miles outside of Phoenix! My life is has been ridiculously scatttered and it's like the road has become my second home. 

Nonetheless, despite my hectic and crazy days, I have not felt them unwelcome as I've been using them as coping mechanisms to pass the time faster here in Phoenix.  Luckily for me I think it's working, at least for now.  The past two weeks are a blur and I am super thankful for it because it has made my time here more bearable, especially in between my visits to California and Dave's visit to Phoenix.  Even though I have been in Phoenix for only 7 months now, I am realizing that even such a relatively short period is just too long to be away from my life in California.  Some days I even think I made a mistake in coming to Phoenix but the optimistic self in me tells me it was a good opportunity for me to learn a thing or two about life and what it feels like to be completely on your own trying to start a new life in your 30s.  Without leaving the comforts of all I know and coming out to Phoenix by myself, I would not have realized how truly blessed I am to have the friendships and loving support I have back in my forever home, southern California.  I am eagerly waiting for the next opportunity that will take me back home and when I go back, I know I will feel extremely appreciative of my old home.  Until then, I will simply have to live week by week, looking forward to the weekends where I can go back to Cali or have a piece of home visit me here in Phoenix. 

Signing off from Yuma, AZ....

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment