I find myself more and more these days identifying myself with a lopsided ball-- bouncing this way and that way, without any predictable direction. I go all over the place, all the time, and the only constant thing about me is that I CONSISTENTLY like to be all over the place. Starting from the kind of jobs I like to hold to the way I socialize, and with whom I socialize, I live a life full of constantly moving pieces. Strangely I prefer it this way. Any other kind of life would drive me mad with boredom.
I seek and tend to get along best with people who are constant-- the kinds of people with a normal, set-hours jobs, who wake up at a certain time every day, go to work, come back, work out, eat dinner, watch x amount of time of TV, shower and go to bed, only to start it all over again type of people. They might call their lives boring, but I see them more as sturdy pillars or unwavering landmarks, both of which I could never get myself to be. I suppose this is why I value them so much-- they are the exact opposites of me, the epitome of what I could never be. My role in their lives is to spice it up with my inconsistent and spontaneous actions as I weave in and out. Their roles in mine are to be the consistent constant which I can use to regain my bearings and not spiral into an abyss of chaos.
The way I am and to what I am developing into befuddles me. Yet what fascinates me is that people are ACTUALLY attracted to someone as inconsistent and puzzling as I. So strange, and yet so absolutely amazing, is the nature of humanity!
Yes, after months of not writing, this is what I've come out of hibernation to ramble about.
nicely written, wonky.
ReplyDeletexo