Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rainy Day Ramblings


I knew I smelt "Fall" and yes, it seems it sure has come! It's raining outside and I'm nicely snuggled at home as I study more heart failure slides. I've got me a warm cup of yerba matte tea and a bowl of hearty vegetable soup I made just for this occasion. I have some easy listening/jazz playing in the background and poring over my handout of 6 slides a page on the futon. Thank God for rainy days and cold weather! Moreover, thank God for the invention of fire and heat we can use to make deliciously hot soup and tea!




Growing older brings a sense of consciousness towards appreciation for things we've always knew we "liked." Appreciating something is the feeling I have today for the simple things such as the warmth of a blanket, the ever so gentle falling of rain droplets, and the comforting scent of hot soup wafting out of the bowl and tingling the chemo-receptors in my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment