Monday, March 21, 2011

Everyone's Feeling It

It's been a while since I've posted and I figured, why not get in a little ramble today.   Most likely today will be the only day I'll get to just veg out and spend a little time for myself before the crazy whirlwind starts up again. Well,  the fact that I'm sitting here at home with bronchitis, quarantined from the rest of the world kind of helps to free up some "me" time too.  Who cares if it's because no one wants to be near me for fear they will themselves contract this disgusting germ I culture within my lungs?  =)  At least I'm getting this time on a Monday, right? One thing I'm really learning these days, as I juggle my crazy busy schedule, is that I need to appreciate any and all opportunities I get for some "me" time.  Right now, I'm spending some "me" time rambling my heart out while enjoying a delicious bowl of chicken noodle soup sans the noodles and substituted with wild rice instead that D made for me yesterday. Don't it look delicious??!?!?!?!



I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with my schedule and the workload I've had to juggle the past few weeks. I also felt the need to perform on a grander scale given the current economy and the state of my industry.  Whereas everyone is getting laid off, my division is being given all the resources and privileges, including a weekend meeting/getaway at Laguna Cliffs Resort and Spa.  As great as that may seem, I have to admit that there are a lot of pressures that come with that.  I had to take a test this past week, and man-- I cried two of the nights because I felt SO OVERWHELMED... I had never studied so hard since the week before I took my MCATs.  With the company's budget cuts, the course had been rearranged and the classroom time shortened from 10.5 days to 3.5 days, with triple the material having to be covered.  All I could think of was, "I don't want to get fired because I can't get an 80% on this test"...  But all in all, God was good to me, and I passed the test with a solid 96%!

As I read their blogs and catch up with my friends, I'm learning that this pressure is not only a heavy weight that rests on my shoulders, but one that weighs heavily on many others' shoulders as well.  The sleepless nights of tossing and turning, despite being utterly exhausted, both physically and mentally, seem to be a common theme amongst my friends!  I want to be Susie Sunshine today (although as we all know, I tend to usually be the Negative Nelly of our group) and believe that this is because we are all people of higher caliber-- the ones who were meant to be the leaders in our fields and mediocrity is NOT in our vocabulary!  So "FIGHTING!" my friends!  Keep pressing on because even if you're hitting hard times, there is always at least one moment of "me" time you can enjoy, and in the longer scheme of things, it's bound to ease up. And ya'll better listen to me because this is coming from the girl quarantined and miserable with bronchitis at home who also has to get her butt out to get her wisdom tooth pulled later on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment