I had said I would be better about posting but clearly I haven't been doing as great a job as I had proclaimed I would!
Life here in Phoenix has been settling down. I have finally started to "fit in" with the staff at the various accounts I work in and by that I mean I have become a familiar face. It's funny how we think we left clicks in high school behind but in the adult world we still see them everywhere. I guess it is human nature to always form clicks as a way of reaffirming our sense of belonging. Dave visited in the middle of January and we went to watch
Hello Dolly at the Arizona Broadway Theatre. We went with one of my colleagues and his family and it was such a fun experience because the show was a dinner theater. It seems that Phoenix, because of its greater population of elderly folks, has a love for dinner theaters. I've noticed movie theaters serve dinner as do their Broadway theater. I had never been to one before so that was a nice treat. Since the dinner tables take up so much space you end up with less people in the audience, making it a more intimate setting to watch your classic musicals!
 |
| Dave.Susan.Scott at the dinner theater |
 |
| Dave and I with the star of the show. The advantage of an intimate show! |
It's already Thursday and I can't wait till this weekend! I'll be spending Saturday with my sister as we go finalize the food and drink options for her wedding in Temecula and hopefully we'll be able to meet up with Joy for a glass (or bottle) of wine. On Sunday, Dave and I will be celebrating V-day early by going on a hike and a picnic after. My mind keeps flashing with ideas for the picnic to make it extra special... but as always I can't seem to lock in any ideas! Sometimes I feel like I need a idea coordinator in my life to help organize and force me to follow through on what I feel are some awesomely creative ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment