Wednesday, April 27, 2011
A New Challenge
Sitting here inside Panera Bread, enjoying a deliciously sweet and chewy blueberry bagel fresh out of the oven, I'm inspired! Maybe it's the aroma of bread wafting gently into my nose that's got me on a sort of high, but the idea of being able to make delicious bread sounds kind of amazing. I have to admit, I'm not much of a baker given I really don't have the patience nor the discipline to follow all the strict rules baking demands. The most I know about baking comes from the Korean drama King Of Baking, Kim Tak Goo, which is a completely fictional portrayal of baking, haha, not to mention ridiculously glorified!
Yes, I do realize this is going to be a challenge for me... but I'm going to do it! I'm going to try and spend some of my weekends practicing the art of "baking." And I'm going to start with this-- mall pretzels! Looks easy enough... or at least, I hope?
I will admit, I've attempted this in the past and have made some of my dear friends eat two layer birthday cakes with two different layers of cake and bread pudding textured banana nut muffins (Thank you guys for being so supportive even despite the torture!). But I'm going to get it right... eventually. I'm thinking I went wrong at trying to bake desserts. So I this time I'm going to try hearty breads and see if it works out for me. Breadmaking ventures, here Susan comes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment