Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ridiculous Housewives/Mothers


I've been at a Peet's Coffee since 9 AM this morning working before an afternoon of clinic.  I made the mistake of sitting at a table next to two loud gossiping housewives and sharing a bench with the super animated one of the two.  Between the slew of nonsense they're spewing out and the constant rocking of the bench, I've come to a point of pure annoyance and DISLIKE for housewives.  They have spent the past two hours talking about their kids' friends as if they were their own friends.


"Isn't Jimmy Bellafonte so super cute? I think he's really popular and all the girls want to go to prom with him.  Too bad he's dating a girl in Mississippi!"  


"Well forget Jimmy!  Jamie told me about a sleepover that Mary, who's Jamie's best friend's cousins sister, had and they ended up being able to sneak in a few boys who were super cute.  Mary's parents don't know about it, but Jamie told me because she totally trusts me and considers me one of her best friends, even know I'm her mom... blah blah"  

It's like a scene in Mean Girls.  I swear I'm sitting next to two mothers who never grew out of their high school dramas and now have nothing better to do than to sit around gossiping about the drama in their kids' lives that they've made their own drama.

I hope I never become one of those mothers... the ones that don't have a life of my own, that sit around doing nothing but wasting my entire day living vicariously through my kids because my every day consists of taking care of house, picking up the kids, and being caught up in middle school and high school drama that my kids are engaged in but talking about it like it's my own life drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment