I got a call from my brother yesterday while headed to the grocery store. As I was talking to him, he told me that he needed some home cooked food for his college student tummy. So I picked up a bunch of stuff and decided to make and deliver him a meal. One thing became two, and two became three... I ended up cooking for a full 3 hours to end up with Thai Yellow Curry, Mapo Tofu and Odeng Banchan (fish cake side dish).
As I stood in the kitchen packing all the stuff I had labored over for the past three hours in mason jars and ziploc bags, I thought to myself how I am so inexplicably my mother's daughter. I totally make fun of my mom for getting so caught up in the kitchen to make the food packed in the jars and ziploc bags which she then personally delivers to each of us. And today, as I caught myself in the very act of doing what I make fun of my mom for, I realized I am undoubtedly the 27 year old version of my mother. Goodnes... that's scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment