As I walked into the kitchen, I decided it would probably be a good idea to start using up the vegetables I've been hoarding, and eventually rotting, in my fridge as well as the piece of salmon steak I've been defrosting, refrosting, re-defrosting, and refrosting again. I've been meaning to experiment with the idea of pocket meals wrapped in parchment paper so I figured why not combine the salmon, the random mix of veggies, with some kind of sauce and try out the pocket meal sensation I've been reading about in various magazines.
I started by ripping a piece of parchment paper and placing it on the cutting board. I then started to pile on the veggies on top of the salmon and naturally started to make a soy sauce based glaze to drizzle over the whole thing. Only... I found myself feeling completely nauseous at the thought of using a soy sauce based glaze. So I looked around my pantry for another sauce base... red wine? cream sauce? tomato sauce? ooooh! then a light bulb went off in my head... BALSAMIC VINEGAR!!!
-- An hour later--
My salmon with balsamic glaze reduction was delicious! So glad I did this because I also felt tons better and I don't need to F.M.L. after all! The balsamic vinegar was truly awesome! Forget the soy sauce for a while-- I'm hopping on the Italiano train!
I'm planning on making it again for real... and this time I'm going to write everything down and then share the recipe. The idea of sharing it with my dear friends truly makes me feel a little better about my F'n F.M.L occasion... Thank god for simple indulgences!
you showed that FML who you are.
ReplyDeletesalllllmon i love!
i did this too a couple nights ago. made risotto with leftover ingredients and herbs and relieved my stress.